Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Building the Battery Box


There is a program on Google called Sketch-up, I used it to lay out my Battery Box.



Above is the layout I did for the top of the battery box.


Above is the layout I did for the actual box to hold the battery.



I went down to the local steel store and bought the required materials (1/16 steel sheet), 2 pieces came to a total of about $15.00.



I had the pieces cut and bent at one of the local shops, then I welded this together.




In this picture the parts are cut out ready for welding.






Here is another view of parts.




Here is the finished battery box, painted with rubberized undercoating inside the box.


Paint outside and on top is flat black.








Here is another finished picture.















Here is a finished picture of the battery box installed in the car.
I still need to come up with some sort of battery hold down.

No comments: