Thursday, October 9, 2008

Brackets, Brackets and more Brackets

I know it has been a long, long, long time since my last post, let's see if I can remember how to do this.

One of the next pieces I built was the front spring perch. After deciding on the exact shape I wanted, I cut the pices out of 1/4 Inch steel.



After making sure everything was square and right where I wanted it, I tack welded the spring perch together.

After the final welding was done, I went back with the grinder and made everything smooth.


Above is the finished spring perch.


The next step for me was to weld the spring perch to the frame, after making sure the spring perch was centerd, square, and plum, I tacked it to the frame and then finished all the welds up.






Here are some more brackets that I built.

I built two rear lower coilover brackets. These will get welded to the rearend.





Here are the parts cut out and smoothed.


I made two identical brackets.









Here are the two lower coilover shock mounting brackets all done.

I primed these brackets with some cheepo flat black primer.

No comments: